Technical Support Enquiries
If you have a question about a Stack product, or if you are experiencing a problem, we have made available a wealth of information that you can use to find the answers you need.
We now have an FAQ page (Frequently Asked Questions) and a Troubleshooting page or you can click here to access our Manuals and Download support area. You will be asked to submit some basic information for our own internal use, but once submitted you will have immediate access to downloadable PDF versions of our product manuals.
These manuals will give clear instructions on the installation and correct operation of your Stack product as well as including useful Troubleshooting sections.
If you still have unanswered questions then please contact your Dealer from whom you purchased the goods.
Should your dealer be unable or unwilling to help, we want
to hear about it. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our electronic enquiry form.
Contacting your Dealer
When contacting your Dealer with a Technical Support or Service enquiry, it is important that you first have to hand all of the following information (where possible):
- Serial Number (found on the rear of the goods)
- The Model Number
- The date the goods were purchased
- A copy of the packing list supplied with the goods
- If the goods are data logging products, please provide the TAG number and the software licence number. Your Dealer will be able to advise you if you need help in locating these numbers.
This information will be vital in helping your Dealer ensure your enquiry is handled and processed in the most efficient manner.
If you or your Dealer have identified that there is a fault with your Stack equipment, then it is possible to return the goods to us for an inspection. Your Dealer will be able to help you with this.
Before you return your equipment, please be aware that:
- All services and repairs are subject to an initial inspection. Please understand that no commitment to repair the goods in full or within a specified budget or timescale can be upheld until this initial inspection has been completed.
- An initial inspection fee will be charged for all services. Payment for the initial inspection will be required before we can conduct the inspection. On completion of the initial inspection you will be advised of any work and costs involved in repairing the goods, at which point you will have the choice to proceed with or terminate this service.
- It is your responsibility to safely ship (at your expense) the goods to Stack. It is also your responsibility to arrange for the safe return of the goods, unless the goods have been repaired under warranty, in which case Stack will organise for the safe return of these goods. Please ensure that the goods are adequately packaged and insured for the journey.
To arrange for your equipment to be returned for an initial inspection, please contact your dealer. The process for returning goods is as follows:
- Contact the dealer from whom you purchased the goods.
- Your dealer will then complete and send you a RAN form by fax (or in the mail if you do not have a fax machine). This form will include a unique Returns Authorisation Number (RAN).
- You must include this form with the goods when shipped – your dealer will be able to advise you on the shipping of your goods.
- At the time of shipping your goods you should arrange to make payment via your dealer for the initial inspection – your dealer will advise you of this fee.
Your goods will then be returned to our factory in the UK. The inspection and service process is explained below:
- On receipt of your goods they will undergo the initial inspection by one of our engineers.
- Our engineers will then attempt to reproduce the fault as reported and an assessment will then be made with regards the complexity of the corrective action:
i) If the corrective action can be identified at this stage, we will contact you with details of the repair work required, as well as a quotation for this work.
ii) If corrective action cannot be easily identified at this stage, a full diagnosis and a “Corrective Action Assessment” will be conducted. Using this information we can then contact you and advise on the next course of action and will quote on expected duration and cost of repairs where applicable.
- Once we have received your authorisation to proceed with any repair work required, we will then complete the work and request payment. A full final test will be conducted before the goods are packed ready for shipping.
- Once we have confirmation that payment has been received for this service, the goods will be returned to you.
Cost and Duration of Service
All service and repair work is conducted at our factory in the UK. Our shipping address is:
||UK & International
10 Wedgwood Road
Bicester OX26 4UL
T: +44 (0) 1869 240404
F: +44 (0) 1869 245500
This address should be used by customers in the UK, Europe and Internationally excluding the US.
US customers may return their faulty equipment to our American shipping address:
Sycamore, IL. 60178
T: (888) 867 5183
F: (888) 364 2609
Cost and Duration of Inspection –
Both the cost and the duration of the service will depend on:
- Your Geographical location,
- Whether the goods are covered by a warranty,
- The complexity of the repair work required once the initial inspection has been completed.
Your dealer will be able to advise on the cost of the initial inspection work. As stated above it is your responsibility to arrange for the safe shipment of the goods and your dealer will be able to advise on the best method.
The time required to complete any service or repair work is dependent on the outcome of the initial inspection. At the time of receiving your RAN form, we will provide an estimated delivery time, which will be subject to the outcome of the initial inspection.
Cost and Duration of Service and Repair –
On completion of the initial inspection, we will be able to quote the final cost and expected duration of the service and any repair work. At this point we will contact you for authorisation to complete the work and request payment. If you choose not to proceed with this work, we will return the goods to you as we received them and you will only be charged for the initial inspection and return freight.
Harnesses and Sensors –
Where goods returned include harnesses and sensors we will provide an inspection of this equipment to assess the functionality. We are unable to repair harnesses or sensors that have been cut or become damaged due to use (note: a small number of our sensors in the range can be serviced/repaired. Please discuss with your dealer, who will be able to advise you of which sensors are serviceable).
Stack operate a return to base service and repair policy. We do not offer an advance exchange or loan scheme.
Details of our equipment warranty can be found in the Terms and Conditions of Sale that you should have received with your goods when you originally purchased them. You can download a PDF copy of this document from the link here.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
We will require payment for all services and repairs in advance of the work being undertaken. For goods covered by an equipment warranty, we will reimburse you the initial inspection fee associated with this work.
Goods serviced and repaired at our UK factory will be returned to you with the following warranty:
- 12 months warranty on all new components fitted
- 3 months warranty on the repair work conducted
A fuller version of these terms and conditions are also available as a pdf.