Stack's Engineering and Data Logging Systems are constructed as a modular design to optimise the system flexibility, low-weight, compact size and expandability. There are many advantages to employing a modular design of Data Logging system - for example, a modular design means componentry can be individually selected to best suit a projects requirements and available budget.
Physically, the modules can be distributed around the vehicle, making efficient use of available space. The system is easily expanded to include additional channels or features as a project progresses.
Furthermore, there are a range of different module types, each of which can be networked together to form a larger system, or in some cases, the functionality of different modules can be combined into the same module. Below are brief descriptions of each of the main module types:
Input Expansion Module
The Input Expansion Modules feature 8 universal sensor inputs - each input can be individually configured to measure analogue signals, frequency signals or to measure the signal from Stack’s proprietary DSP interface modules. Each input can be recorded at up to 200Hz.
Video & Data Synchronization Module
The Video Modules facilitate video input and data synchronization to a recording device and connects between a remote mounted camera and a digital video recorder, such as the Stack Harsh Environment DVR.
CANbus Gateway Module
The CANBus Gateway module acts as a bridge between a vehicle host CANBus network and the Stack Data Logging system.
Sensor Interface Module
The Sensor Interface Modules have direct sensor inputs for 5 low resolution configurable inputs, a dedicated RPM signal input and 2 pulse inputs.
The Display Driver Modules can drive a wide choice of analogue dials and LCD read-outs, allowing up to 7 LCD read-outs modules and 2 analogue dials to be connected.
The Recorder Module supports a wide range of recording strategies and feature solid state non volatile battery backed up memory - that will not be lost even in the event of a high impact accident.
Many of our customer's applications have individual and unique requirements. Stack offers a custom engineering capability to provide cost effective custom system solutions. The following are just some examples of custom solutions that we can offer - please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Switched outputs that drive ancillary devices - eg. for switching on fans, changing torsion bar stiffness etc
- Real time display and alarm monitoring of derived channels - eg. to display rate of change of a parameter, or derive a new channel from other monitored channels
- Radio and cellular Telemetry - Real Time, Report based, Event based etc
- PC software for using host PC to automatically email data to remote monitoring station
- Gateway modules to support other communication standards - eg. R5485, R5232, J1850 etc
- Active Mode CAN Gateway Module - Enables the Stack system to be used to add messages to a host CANBUS network
Data storage and retrieval
- 64Mbytes non-volatile memory
- High speed local wireless LAN data retrieval - 50 Mbit/ sec @ up to 30 Metres range
- Removable memory card module - providing up to 500 Mbyte capacity
- Recording Strategies: Rolling barrell, event logging peak value logging level distribution counting, bin logging, rain flow recording
- Systems available to record more than the 256 standard channels - capacity dependant on sampling frequency requirements
- Systems available with increased sampling frequency - capability dependant on the input type and channel capacity
- Recorder Modules available that will record up to 100 individual runs with reduced maximum channel capacity
- High input intensity DSP Interface Modules with direct CANbus connection - dedicated & multiple input options
- Non standard signal conditioning Interface Modules
- Modifications to suit extreme environments - eg. to measure aircraft data in an un-pressurised high altitude environment