Senior Embedded (Video) Systems Engineer
Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK (Permanent)
Stack are looking to recruit a senior or principal embedded systems engineer who can design and develop our range of Digital Video Logging products. The person will be responsible for the embedded Linux software, all aspects of video processing and supporting the whole product design cycle from concept to production release. The position will involve close liaison with other engineers responsible for delivering other aspects of the product designs, such as electronic hardware, PC based software, mechanical hardware, etc. Other aspects of the work will include the design and development of all software production test/calibration fixtures and documentation.
This post will report to the Engineering Team Leader.
The key responsibilities are:
- System specification & design (Digital Video Logging products)
- MPEG Video processing design
- Embedded Linux Software Development
- Validation Testing
- Engineering Documentation and Change Control
- Production Handover of new products
- Core Technology Development
- Technical Support to Sales and Application Engineering
- Design for Rugged and Harsh Environment
The ideal candidate will be degree-qualified with at least 5 years hands-on experience developing embedded Linux software for video processing and/or recording products as well as embedded systems design. You will have a working knowledge of CAN, Ethernet, USB and similar interfaces. Experience of Ti DSP/DaVinci/ARM processors and Windows (C#/C++) programming would be beneficial. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are very important. The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner is essential.
- Good electronic engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience of real-time MPEG2/DVD/H.264 video systems
- Experience of Embedded Linux (C and C++)
- Experience of Real-Time Embedded Software (C and Assembler)
- Experience using ARM, TI DSP, TI DaVinci and similar microprocessors
- Experience of Ethernet, USB, CAN and other serial interfaces
- Experience of basic electronic circuit design
- Keen to participate in all parts of the product life cycle.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work well with other team members of all disciplines and external customers.
- Able to work on and progress several projects simultaneously
- Ability to integrate with other disciplines.
- Able to view product from a user perspective.
- Innovative and abreast of current and developing technologies.
- Attention to detail and quality, whilst also being able to think strategically.
- Willingness for occasional travel to partner and customer sites (internationally).
Other Beneficial Experience:
- Familiarity and preferably experience of digital and processor-based circuit design
- Experience of developing products for harsh environments or high reliability systems
- Experience of PCB Board Support Package design
- Experience of Windows (C# / C++) Programming
- Experience of working to formal quality standards eg. ISO9000.
- Willingness to learn new skills
The package includes:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Participation in the company’s performance related bonus scheme.
- Personal Pension scheme, with company matching contribution.
- Death in Service life insurance.
- 30 days annual leave, including public holidays.
Enquiries for the above post are directed to:
Please attach your CV with a covering letter including two references and current salary.
||UK & International
Bicester OX26 4UL
T: +44 (0) 1869 240404
F: +44 (0) 1869 245500
This page last revised